Sell Scrap Metal
LOAD UP. DRIVE THRU. CASH IN.
Cohen makes selling scrap metal as simple as possible. Recycle your unwanted or unusable metal, electronics, and automobiles.
SEASONED SCRAPPERS AND BUSINESSeS WELCOME
- Limited hours. All locations except Dayton are currently open 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday. Dayton remains closed for the time being.
- Customers are to remain in their vehicles unless actively unloading. No more than one person may be outside of the vehicle at a time. Customers may also remain in their vehicle if recycling only cans.
- We ask that all customers wear a mask or face covering while doing business with us. All employees who are in contact with customers are required to wear masks.
- Please join us in observing the recommended 6 feet of physical distance between people in all areas of our facilities, any time you are not in your vehicle.
- Please observe all marked signage and follow directions from our staff.
We take our responsibilities to our employees and our customers seriously and are doing everything in our power to conduct business as safely as possible while providing excellent service. Please visit this page for up-to-date information on our pandemic response.
When You Arrive
- Truck, or trunk? If you’ve got a truck load of scrap metal, drive over the scale and follow instructions to weigh in. For anything less than that, proceed to the drive-thru. If you’re not sure, stop in at the office first and we’ll happily guide you.
- The scale operator will unload, identify, and weigh your recyclable material, and hand you an itemized payment ticket.
- Bring your ticket to the cashier window. You will also need to present a valid photo ID, per state law.
- Receive payment in cash or check*
*Some items incur a fee. Any balance due to Cohen is payable in cash at the window.
CALL AHEAD FOR THE MOST CURRENT METAL PRICING INFORMATION
Scrap metal pricing changes frequently based on market conditions and other factors. In some instances, some fees may apply. Because of this, we recommend that you call ahead for the most current information. To prevent inaccuracies, we decline to publish pricing information online or via email or social media. Cohen is not responsible for pricing information published to third-party sites and apps (such as iScrap App).
CERTAIN ITEMS INCUR A PER-POUND FEE TO COVER THE COST OF RECYCLING
Certain items, including batteries and CRT (tube-style) TVs and monitors, printers and other plastic-heavy electronics, incur a per-pound fee to cover the cost of recycling. If you have brought in other scrap, fees for special items will be automatically deducted from the balance on your ticket. Anything remaining is payable in cash.
YOU MUST PRESENT A VALID PHOTO ID
All customers must be over 18 and present a valid photo ID to the cashier in order to be paid. Cohen takes metal theft extremely seriously and works with the state and law enforcement to prevent this and other fraudulent or dangerous behavior.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT CERTAIN MATERIALS
For the safety of our customers, employees, and equipment, Cohen cannot accept certain materials, including but not limited to: paint cans, light bulbs, tires, ammunition, containers under pressure, and radioactive material. Other materials may be accepted with proper documentation, at the yard manager’s discretion, including: kegs, engraved plaques, shopping carts, business equipment, burnt wire, street signs, and historical or commemorative artifacts.
RULES FOR REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS, AND A/C UNITS
– If the unit is intact, including the compressor and/or coolant lines, there is a $15 handling charge per unit. This is to cover costs associated with properly draining the coolant (a hazardous gas).
– If the unit has already been dismantled and/or drained, the customer must provide proof of who prepared the unit (such as a receipt) and will be paid the scrap value of the unit. We strongly recommend having your unit prepared by a professional who can properly capture and dispose of the hazardous gases. Cohen will not accept units with cut coolant lines or removed compressors without the supporting documentation.
Please call ahead with any questions.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A TITLE IF RECYCLING A VEHICLE
A valid ID and title (in or notarized in the customer’s name) are required to recycle your vehicle. The VIN plate must be visible and attached, and all four tires must be on the vehicle.
Find My Scrap Yard
Cohen has several public Recycling Centers through southwestern Ohio and northern/central Kentucky. Our hours change seasonally and scrap prices are subject to change regularly, so we recommend looking up your nearest Cohen location and calling ahead for the latest information on hours and scrap metal pricing.