Sell Scrap Metal
LOAD UP. DRIVE THRU. CASH IN.
Cohen makes selling scrap metal as simple as possible. Recycle your unwanted or unusable metal, electronics, and automobiles. Seasoned scrappers and commercial customers welcome!
When You Arrive
- Truck, or trunk? If you’ve got a truck or trailer full of scrap metal, drive over the scale and follow instructions to weigh in. For anything less than that, or non-ferrous items only, proceed to the drive-thru. If you’re not sure, stop in at the office first and we’ll happily guide you.
- The scale operator will unload, identify, and weigh your recyclable material, and hand you an itemized payment ticket.
- Bring your ticket to the cashier window. You will also need to present a valid photo ID, per state law.
- Get paid!
SCRAP METAL PRICING AND FEES
Scrap metal pricing changes frequently based on market conditions, and some items carry a processing fee. Because of this, we recommend that you call ahead for the most current information. Cohen is not responsible for pricing information published to third-party sites and apps (such as iScrap App).
HOW TO SCRAP ELECTRONICS AND BATTERIES
Batteries, TVs and monitors, printers, and other plastic-heavy electronics incur a per-pound fee to cover the cost of recycling. If you have brought in other scrap, fees for special items will be automatically deducted from the balance on your ticket. We can accept cash or card for any remaining amount.
HOW TO SCRAP REFRIGERATORS, FREEZERS, AND A/C UNITS
– If the unit is intact, including the compressor and/or coolant lines, there is a $15 handling charge per unit. This is to cover costs associated with properly draining the coolant (a hazardous gas).
– If the unit has already been dismantled and/or drained, the customer must provide proof of who prepared the unit (such as a receipt) and will be paid the scrap value of the unit. We strongly recommend having your unit prepared by a professional who can properly capture and dispose of the hazardous gases. Cohen will not accept units with cut coolant lines or removed compressors without the supporting documentation.
Please call ahead with any questions.
HOW TO SCRAP A CAR
A valid ID and title (in or notarized in the customer’s name) are required to recycle your vehicle. The VIN plate must be visible and attached, and all four tires must be on the vehicle. You do not need to remove fluids prior to recycling. Please clear out other items (trash, debris etc.) from the interior and trunk.
All customers must be over 18 and present a valid photo ID to the cashier in order to be paid. Cohen takes metal theft extremely seriously and works with the state and law enforcement to prevent this and other fraudulent or dangerous behavior.
For the safety of our customers, employees, and equipment, Cohen cannot accept certain materials, including but not limited to: paint cans, light bulbs, tires, ammunition, containers under pressure, and radioactive material. Other materials may be accepted with proper documentation, at the yard manager’s discretion, including: kegs, engraved plaques, shopping carts, business equipment, burnt wire, street signs, and historical or commemorative artifacts.
Find My Scrap Yard
Cohen has several public Recycling Centers throughout southwestern Ohio and northern/central Kentucky. Our hours change seasonally and scrap prices are subject to change regularly, so we recommend looking up your nearest Cohen location and calling ahead for the latest information on hours and scrap metal pricing.