WHAT Can I Recycle?
Cohen accepts a wide variety of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metals for recycling. Almost any item that is more than 50% metal can be recycled. For a comprehensive list, contact the Cohen Recycling Center near you»
Cohen follows all federal, state, and local laws with regard to what we do and do not accept.
Examples of items Cohen accepts for scrap metal recycling include:
- Aluminum Cans
- Aluminum Wheels
- Insulated Wire
- Radiators (aluminum, aluminum/copper, and car radiators)
- Die Cast
- Catalytic converters
- Electric Motors
- Steel (prepared and unprepared)
- Sheet Iron (clean and unclean)
- Cast Iron
- Household Appliances (dishwashers, clothes washers & dryers, stoves, etc.)
- Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners (compressors must be removed)
- Auto Cast
- Steel doors
- Screws, nails, and other hardware
Examples of items Cohen does NOT accept include:
- Paint cans
- Oxygen, propane, fuel tanks, or other containers under pressure
- Sealed containers
- Appliances with compressors
- Vacuum cleaners
- Whole torque converters
- Non-metallics (e.g. cardboard, plastic, glass, and wood)
Focused on sustainability, health and safety, environmental impact, and data security, Cohen’s comprehensive e-scrap recycling solution enables you to confidently dispose of your obsolete electronics. Our ISO 9001:2008 certification ensures we consistently meet the rigorous international environmental regulations for handling, storing, transporting, and processing your electronic scrap. Endorsed by both the Institute of Scrap Recycling (ISRI) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Responsible Recycling (R2) standard guarantees your electronics are recycled in a safe, effective manner.
Examples of electronics we accept include:
- Computer towers
- Computer components
- Circuit boards
- Cell phones
- Rechargeable batteries
- A/C adapters
For a comprehensive list, contact the Cohen Recycling Center near you
Most automobiles can be recycled for useable parts and components. Maximize your vehicle's true market value. Cohen Auto Parts pays cash for your car even if it doesn't run. We accept all makes and models, 1990 and newer. Towing services available to pick up your vehicle upon request.
Rules for recycling your vehicle:
KENTUCKY – Title is not required to scrap vehicle.
OHIO – Title must be in, or notarized in, customer’s name.
- Valid ID required.
- We accept all vehicles with gas tanks still on them - no holes are required in the gas tanks.
- Driven in vehicles are accepted.
- If gas tank is removed, it must be cut in half.
- No garbage or non-metals in vehicle.
- No steel thicker than 5/16 inch is allowed in vehicle.
- No acetylene, oxygen, or propane tanks.
- No combustibles.
- No CFCs, televisions, computer monitors, ballasts, or capacitors.
- No hazardous waste or materials.
- Only 4 tires, and all must be on vehicle.
- VIN plate must be visible and attached.
Pricing contingent on make, model, and condition of the vehicle.
For more information, contact the Cohen Recycling Center near you »